Monday, March 17, 2008

A Great Read...

I started a new book a week or two ago... and it has really been so inspiring for me. I highly recommend it for all parents (and grandparents, relatives, siblings) of children with special needs.



I've realized (though I'm sure I knew it all along) how much I've "lost" myself recently. Taking care of the kids and being so preoccupied in all their therapies and meetings and such... although they are still my main focus, I need to find some time for myself. I joined Weight Watchers (again unfortunately) and signed up for a sewing class. I've also gone shopping quite a bit to try to find some new clothes for myself (something I never would have done before). I actually threw away all my flannel pajamas which (I'm ashamed to admit) had become my everyday clothes rather than just sleeping clothes.
It's a really great book... hopefully I'll find time to finish it soon!

0 comments: