Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Good Day...

I've got to say... this morning didn't start out that great. First, I could tell that the geek was sick... he had been up most of the night with some sort of stomach thing, so I knew that could only mean bad things for me later on. Come to find out... everyone in his office that ate chicken from a certain restaurant yesterday was sick... it's not contagious, but yucky just the same.

Then, there was a slight issue with DD's bus. First, it was late... which always throws our morning off a little bit. But even worse, when it finally arrived... it wasn't the bus at all. Seems the bus had broken down on the way to our house, so they were using a Suburban instead. DD did not like this... at all. Those of you who know her know that she doesn't do well with change. Marilyn, the bus driver, apologized over and over... knowing that DD wasn't going to be happy. It's amazing the things you take for granted... the bus comes each morning, I put her on, it brings her home. Throw a wrench in that somehow... things can get ugly. She cried, and kicked, and fought me the whole time I put her in the Suburban... it was painful- both physically and mentally.

But you know what? Our little girl has grown... because when she got home from school (on a different bus, but a "close-enough" bus that she wasn't upset), her teachers informed me that today was one of her best days yet. Yes, she cried for about 20 minutes when she first got there because of the whole bus-thing. But she was able to move past it... and I'm thrilled. In the past that might have wrecked her entire day... I think it's progress!

Although the geek is still sick (which sucks), he is asleep, DD is asleep and DS is asleep. And it's only 10:00p.m. Yes, it has been a good day!

0 comments: