Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Obsession Continues...


I have read three of the four "Twilight" books in roughly four days. I don't remember ever being this obsessed with a book series- of course, I never got into the whole "Harry Potter" thing. I remember being a voracious reader when I was younger... reading multiple books at once and finishing them in a day or two. But since college, and definitely since the kids came, I can't remember reading more than one or two "leisure" books. Seriously, I love these books.
What will I do when I finish the fourth? Can anyone recommend another series to start? Should I do the "Harry Potter" books?

3 comments:

April said...

Erin- Try the Janet Evanovich "Stephanie Plum" series... each title has a number in it. I can't remember how they start. They're total fluff but so funny. I'm almost embarrassed to say I read them, they're even sometimes filed in the "romance" section, although this series is not romance. I think some of her other books are though. You should find them at the library or on amazon.com used very easily.

Mrs. W said...

I was going to say, try Janet too- she's hilarious and an easy read. My favorite is anything by Elizabeth Berg- Open House and Say When were good ones to start with. :)

Unknown said...

I was looking around for pictures of pixie cut's, ended up on your blog. the moment I saw the picture of the book "the host" by stephenie meyer, I realised that there only could be one possible meaning to the blog entrance "the obsession continues"... your are as addicted as I am to the Twilight serie!not that I blame you, far from it... I'm kinda obsessed with it as well ^^ I can't afford to buy the books for now but I go everday to the bookstore and hide in a corner to read... I'm ashamed! I can go there only 2-3 hours a day, so I finih a book in 3 days, really frustating, specially as I can't g everyday. anyway, i just begun "Eclipse" this morning! totally into it already! did you checked out Stephenie Meyer's webpage? so many outtakes and special other things to read :D

as for other series...well I'm an Harry Potter fan since I'm 13, approximately around when number 3 went out...wow 10years of adoration! so yeah I'd say read them, but it's obsviously more children litterature (except the last 3...really mature, but maybe it's just me, but they seem more complex than children books to me!)

and in the same kind of mystical world in the real world, but in a more adult way there is the Kelly Armstrong series "Women of the underworld"! amazing!! i have a soft spot for werewolfs so I deored the first 3 books in 2 days...more shame! but the witch, necromancer, ghost, vampire one are awesome as well!! the Jennifer Arminstrout series "Blood tie" fully about vampires is really good as well. way more adult **blush** ^^ hope you will like it! and long live the Twilight serie!!

ps: check the "the bella cullen project" band, their music is quite nice (lyrics a tad too obvious...) "charlie's answering machine" is my favorite!!

have a nice day,
mélanie