
Just wanted to remind all my faithful readers (all 1 or 2 of you!) that the annual Walk Now for Autism walk is this weekend. Our team is still working toward our $2,000 goal- we have roughly $800 left to raise. There is a link on my sidebar if you're interested in donating.
Autism Speaks is a wonderful organization that is working tirelessly to find a cause and cure for autism. And just as importantly, they are working to raise awareness. Many times when I take the kids out to the store (or anywhere really) I am met with gawking and stares when they rock and moan or flap their hands. I wish people had more compassion and understanding... I would rather they ask questions than stare. I have heard many television and radio commercials recently talking about autism statistics- the word is getting out there. Autism Speaks is largely to thank for this.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to everyone that donates!
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
A Friendly Reminder...
Posted by Erin at 10:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I went to the site and made a donation....I *hope* I did it right!!! If it didn't work, let me know and I'll try it again! :)
Post a Comment