
We are under attack here in Iowa- by water. It is like nothing I have ever seen. Interstate 80 is literally surrounded by water (that isn't normally there) and I fear it will soon be over the road if more rain falls (which it is supposed to). The Des Moines River is over it's banks and it is only expected to rise as more rain comes this week. Much of downtown Des Moines is closed now- many roads and bridges are covered by water. The picture above is from the "Des Moines Register"- this is Court Avenue (a popular street with many restaurants and bars) just a few blocks from the office where I used to work.
We are lucky that we are miles from the river, and I doubt we will have any issues at our house. In 1993, Des Moines was flooded similar to this and the entire city and most suburbs were without water for days. I only hope it doesn't get that bad this year. I have filled a few extra gallons of water for the kids just in case...
Keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers... I know the entire state (and much of the Midwest) is enduring this flooding. My brother and sister-in-law have been without water for a few days, and I know many of our friends have inches (if not feet) of water in their basements. Let's pray for a few dry days!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
We Need An Ark Around Here!
Posted by Erin at 3:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment