The living room chair is done. I stayed up late last night to finish it... except the stapling which I did this morning once the kiddos were awake. It's cute... but not especially comfy. I reused the old buttons, but for some reason they feel more lumpy than before. It's probably the fabric. Maybe I should try a different fabric for the other one?
The kids are destroyers of furniture- seriously. This is the third "thrifted" chair I've done for the living room. None of them have lasted too long with the kids. I don't think any of them have cost more than $20 (besides my time updating them). However, none of them have been especially comfy for the geek or I to sit in, so they basically sit unused except for the kids jumping and rocking on them. My plan (or dream actually) is to buy a new armchair at Ikea the next time we're visiting my folks in Minneapolis. Our couch is super comfy but the geek has claimed that. I would love a chair of my own to read in!
I'm sure this one won't last long either... as you can see, DS is already using it!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Done!
Posted by Erin at 12:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh I LOVE it! I think it looks great. You have your house, so cutely decorated! I wish I could be as creative and talented as you!
I love the fabric on the back! I'm nowhere near as creative, I'm struggling to pick a wall color for my living room!
Post a Comment