
Last night we had a crazy storm here... you can see some of the aftermath in the above picture (pic courtesy of the Des Moines Register).
I'm a nervous sleeper and can't sleep during heavy rains and wind, so I stayed up until almost 2:30am watching the weather go from bad to worse. Around 2:30am it seemed calmer, so I went to sleep, but an hour later the house was literally shaking from the wind and the tornado sirens were going off. The geek looked out the window, told me to grab the kids and get into the basement. One of the trees in our backyard was literally bending in half from the wind. We grabbed the kids and hid downstairs in the bathroom. Not long after that the power went off... and stayed off until almost noon today.
DS didn't go back to sleep until almost 11am, so it has been a long night/morning for us. We don't have any damage, but our neighborhood does. Thank goodness we finally got our electricity back... the kids without TV are not fun! 100MPH winds were recorded- crazy!
Monday, July 21, 2008
"...I've Got a Feeling We're Not In Kansas Anymore..."
Posted by Erin at 1:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment