Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More Autism In the News...

I couldn't sleep last night after hearing about this radio host's comments regarding children with autism. It has gotten me so angry, and I don't even know him nor do I listen to his radio show. I'm all for freedom of speech, but his comments just seemed entirely uncalled for.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1108343&srvc=home&position=active

I do understand the debate... yes, more children are being diagnosed and no one can explain why. That's why we need more money for research and education. Obviously he has never spent a day with a child with autism... at least not my child(ren). What I wouldn't give for him to be able to walk a day in our shoes.

He's an idiot...

2 comments:

Mrs. W said...

Hi Erin! Just wanted to post on this, I've been reading your blog and are keeping your family in my prayers. My nephew is autistic (ausbergers-sp?) and I couldn't agree with you more. Truly, he has absolutely no experience in dealing with this issue and someone in his position should be held accountable for his words. Anyway, off my soap-box, but just wanted to say hi and hope you're doing well...take care!
~Rochelle

novakgirl said...

Seriously. That's so ridiculous!! I think sometimes these talk show hosts just say things to get a rise out of people but that's really going too far.