I wish I would have been able to grab my camera in time to get a picture today of DS sitting in his Pottery Barn chair "reading" one of the Little Golden Books that his aunt/uncle/cousin got for him last year.
I LOVED Little Golden Books growing up. Well, I loved most books, but I remember the Golden Books rather fondly. I spent much of tonight searching Ebay for titles I could remember. My mom would probably remember better than I, but I think my favorite was, "We Like Kindergarten". As soon as I saw the cover, I almost felt myself tear up. I see that the copyright was 1977... seems about right. I must have gotten it new when I was very young.
We only have a few of the Little Golden Books, but I predict I will be searching for them at thrift stores and garage sales this summer. I would LOVE to replace all the "Dora" and "Diego" books that we have with something less commercial. In fact, the kids haven't really been looking at the "Dora/Diego" books that much lately.
Just goes to show you... sometimes newer isn't better.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Little Golden Books...
Posted by Erin at 11:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment