Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DD's Room Questions Answered...

I've been waiting to answer some of your questions about DD's room until I could get better pictures of things, but our camera is broken, so I haven't been able to get any new pics.

We bought the bookshelf at Big Lots about four years ago for roughly $40. I wish now that we had gotten five of them... it has been one of the best purchases ever made for the kids. They love their books! I know Pottery Barn sells similar models for a lot more $$$$.



The dresser (and nightstand) we got at various yard sales and thrift stores. I primed them all last year and finally got around to painting them recently. The drawers were stenciled with various different stencils. I'm sure I'll change them sometime, but it's super cute right now!


Before


After

The harlequin pattern on the wall was painted with a stencil. It took forever but I love it! The "H" painted on the wall was done by tracing around an oval platter that I had and painting that in with white. Then I did pink polka-dots around the edge and hung the large H inside. The H is from Hobby Lobby- it was gold, but I painted it.

I think that answers most of the questions I got! Thanks for all your great comments!

1 comments:

Emily Brandt A... said...

I love the dresser! I will remember this in the future when I have the opportunity to do something like it.