One of my favorite blogs, Nesting Place, is having a party today where people are supposed to show window "mistreatments" that they have done in their home. If you don't know what mistreatments are, you'll have to check out her explanation on her site. But I thought I would participate and show some pics of DD's room in the process!
Here are the curtains I "mistreated" in her room. I wanted to move them up higher and the panels weren't long enough, so I got out the hot glue gun, some toile fabric and trim, and done! It's not perfect, but that's the point!
Here are some more pics of DD's room. Her room is definitely the most "done" of all the bedrooms in our house. It has been painted, repainted and changed around quite a bit in the year-and-a-half we've lived here. I think I'm finally happy with it! I painted the harlequin on the wall (along with the "H") and also painted all her furniture. For some reason, even though nothing really matches, it all seems to go! We all love spending time in here... it's our favorite room to read and cuddle in!
Edited to Add: Sorry about the pic quality! Darn lighting and darn camera!
Edited Again: For all you "Nester" fans, also take a look at the garland I made per her instructions! Love it!
Monday, August 18, 2008
DD's Room
Posted by Erin at 10:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
OOhhh, love everything, mistreatments are beautiful!
What a fun, girly room! It's perfect. No wonder y'all love being in there. =)
Love the colors... and the fringe chica!! That had to be a fun project. Oh and as an organizational freak... LOVIN IT!!
Aja
SE Kansas
Oh oh.... where did you get that book/magazine shelf.. rack thingamajig?! Need it, want it gotta have it...
Aja
darling room! and I so want to see that dresser close up!
Love the ragamuffin garland! I have the materials to make one for my daughter's room--I need to get on that project!
~ Sarah
Lots of color, but it WORKS and ROCKS. Really neat room!
I love it all, but the way you mistreated that dresser made my heart skip a beat! Such talent!
Adorable bedroom. . .my "H" daughter loves it as well.
I did a huge GASP when I saw that Nester left instructions for the garland!! How did I miss that?!?
Thanks for sharing the gorgeous room :)
seriously need more details!!! tell us about that dresser! i've been looking for a bookrack like that since i think PBK used to carry it, where's it from!
Love, love, love this room. It is beautiful!
I LOVE the harlequin wall!!!
It is such an inviting room.
Well done!
Post a Comment